I love this recipe. It tastes great, is perfect for cutout biscuits, and is really simple.
I’ve used it countless times, and each time it has worked perfectly. On this occasion, I was making biscuits for my boy’s birthday party. Their birthdays are a day apart, so it looks like they’ll be sharing their birthday parties each year!
My eldest son just loves using the rolling pin, cutting out the shapes, and eating the dough scraps when he thinks I’m not watching!
Easy Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 230 grams Butter, softened
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Flour
4 steps to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C / 340 degrees F. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Sift the baking powder and flour into the bowl and slowly mix until incorporated.
- Roll out 1/4 of the cookie dough onto a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness. I tend to roll it out to approx 1/2 cm thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out your shapes and lay them on the baking trays. Scrunch up the remaining rolled out dough and incorporate it into another 1/4 of the dough. Repeat this until all the cookie dough has been cut out.
- Bake for approx 7 – 10 minutes, or until they are pale with light browing around the edges.
Our party theme was Pirates, so I used a Skull & Crossbones cutter, pirate ship cutter, and the numbers 1 and 3.