These soft, chewy jam drop biscuits have a centre of gorgeous raspberry jam – the perfect cookie to send to school in your children’s lunchbox, or to devour with a cup of tea.
Jam Drop Cookies have been an institution of my parent’s house my entire life. My mother used to make big batches of biscuits and load up her 3 tiered biscuit tin. And I can tell you that they didn’t last long with 4 kids around. I used to help my mother make hers, and now my 2.5yr old son ‘helps’ me, too ( he’s a pretty great taste-tester!). Here’s the recipe…
Easy Jam Drops Cookie Recipe
- 125 grams of Butter, softened
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- 185 grams of Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 125 grams of Plain Flour
- 125 grams of Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam
4 steps to make this jam drops recipe
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Fold in flours.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls, and place 3cm apart on a baking paper lined baking tray (they will spread). Flatten slightly. Make an indentation in each round and fill with a small amount of jam (be careful not to overfill, or the jam will overflow during cooking)
- Bake in oven for 12-15 mins