Then there’s the chocolate – I prefer dark chocolate for its rich bitter taste. If you’re cooking for kids, you may prefer to use milk chocolate. Or why not use the trifecta – Dark, Milk and White Chocolates – to make Triple Choc Chip Cookies?
These choc-chip cookies are pretty awesome. They have a slight crunch around the edges, the centre is chewy and moist, and they also maintain a bit of their height during the cooking process. But I’m warning you now – They will not last long!
Ultimate Choc Chip Cookies
- 180g Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 225g Dark Chocolate, chopped
4 steps to make this recipe
- Heat oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit or 170 degrees Celsius. Line 3 baking trays with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter and both sugars. Cream together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence, then continue beating.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt, until the mixture comes together into a dough. Stir in the chocolate.
- Place rounded teaspoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the baking tray and flatten slightly. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly for 2 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool (If the cookies are left on the baking tray to cool completely they will continue to cook. If you prefer cookies that are chewy it is important to remove them from the baking tray to cool)