Pudding… Hot, rich and saucy. The stuff you dream about on cold wintery nights or rainy days stuck in an office.
This recipe is an easy as pie – You’ll have it in the oven in less than 10 minutes, and have a very happy tummy indeed. It’s so easy, you’ll be making it in your sleep (and having wicked, chocolatey dreams)
Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 2Tbsp Cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4cup white sugar
- 2Tbsp Butter, softened
- 3/4cup Milk
- 2cups Boiling Water
- 3/4cup Brown Sugar
- 1Tbsp Cocoa powder, sifted
4 steps to make the chocolate recipe
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 360 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients together to make a cake batter, and pour into a greased 20cm round oven dish.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients until sugar has dissolved. Pour over the top of the cake mixture, and bake in oven for 50mins.
- Serve with lashings of cream or ice-cream
Why not try a variation on a trusted recipe?
- Jaffa Self-Saucing pudding – Add the rind of 1 orange to the cake batter before baking
- Adult version – try adding 1/3 cup Kahlua to the cake mixture, and reducing the milk to 1/2 cup.
- Choc-Mint Self-Saucing Pudding – Add 1/2 tsp peppermint essence to the cake batter. Crumble over a Peppermint Crisp Bar when serving
- Mocha Self-Saucing Pudding – Add 1/2 Tbsp coffee granules to the cake batter before baking
- Choc-Raspberry Self-Saucing Pudding – Add 1 cup Frozen Raspberries to the cake batter