Jaffas are small, round orange flavoured sweets that contain a centre of chocolate. They’ve been around for many, many years in Australia and are simply yummy!
This is an orange butter cake that I’ve adapted into a jaffa marble cake. The marbling makes it look pretty special, but it’s deceptively simple. So go on – give it a whirl!
Yummy Jaffa Marble Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 200 grams Butter, softened
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh Orange Juice
- Grated Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 2/3 Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Milk6 steps to make this jaffa cake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 170degrees Celsius. Grease and line an 9″ square cake tin with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixmaster, until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla essence, orange zest and eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold in the orange juice, sour cream and flours, until just combined.
- Remove 1/2 the mixture into another bowl, and fold in the sifted cocoa powder and milk.
- Place alternating spoonfuls of chocolate, then orange mixture into the prepared cake tin, until it’s all used up. Then, use a flat knife to swirl through the mixture – this creates the marbled effect.
- Bake for 30-35mins, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Chocolate Icing Recipe
- 1 cup Icing Sugar Mixture
- 1 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Milk2 steps to make the chocolate icing
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add the butter and milk, and stir until combined.
- Go ahead and ice this heavenly cake!