It’s macadamia nut time again! I’d been visiting my parent’s house, and saw the nut cracker on the kitchen bench. My mother always has bags of macadamia nuts put away, ready to be cracked, so I got cracking!
Maple Macadamia Tart Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 125 grams of Butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
3 steps to make this part of the recipe
- In a food processor combine the flour, butter and sugar. Process this until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the lightly beaten egg, and process until the mixture comes together into a dough. Knead until smooth. Cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 360 degrees fahrenheit. Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 35cm x 13cm loose-bottomed tart pan. Refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Place the tart tin on a baking tray. Line the tin with baking paper, then place pie weights or uncooked rice inside to weight the paper down. Bake in the oven for 10 mins, then remove the weights and baking paper. Bake for an extra 5 mins. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
Macadamia Filling Recipe
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 50 grams of Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp grated Orange rind
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 200 grams of Macadamia Nuts, lightly roasted
Final 3 steps to make the filling recipe
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the syrup, butter, cream, sugar, eggs, orange rind and cornflour. Whisk until smooth.
- Place the macadamia nuts in the cooked tart case. Pour over the syrup mixture. Place the tart in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes, or until just set.