This cake is easy, super-moist and requires only 1 bowl.
So what are you waiting for?
It’s the perfect cake and only takes a handful of minutes to prepare. It’s also very yummy and delightful to eat, plus it has zero butter in it! I’ve made mine with fresh pineapple because that’s what I had in the fridge, but it can easily be adapted to frozen raspberries or nectarines as well.
Pineapple and Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh Pineapple, finely diced
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
5 steps for making this recipe
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F. Grease an 8′ round cake tin, or ring tin.
- Combine flour, coconut, sugar, egg and milk in a large bowl. Add the oil and vanilla essence and stir to combine. Add the pineapple.
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased cake tin and bake in the oven for approx 40mins.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before turning the cake out onto a plate.
- Personally I don’t think it needs icing, but feel free to whip up a glace icing to pour over the cake once it has cooled for added naughtiness