So, I decided to use some up in some easy Spinach and Feta Cheese Triangles. They are tasty, easy and a great way to get some veges into your diet. And if you make a big batch like this, you can freeze some for later, or for when friends or family drop in for a visit.
Spinach and Feta Cheese Triangle Recipe
- 180 grams Feta Cheese
- 500 grams Fresh Silverbeet
- 1/2 cup Grated Tasty Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 tsp dried Oregano flakes
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 5 Sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
Method for this recipe (5 steps)
- Trim the white stalks from the silverbeet. Blanch the green leaves of the silverbeet in hot water for 1 minute. Drain the hot water, then squeeze the excess water from the leaves. Finely chop the spinach leaves and place into a large bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese into small pieces over the spinach, then add the tasty cheese, egg, salt and pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 8 triangles. Spoon a dessertspoonful of mixture onto each triangle, then brush the sides of each triangle with milk and fold over and seal. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the top of each filled triangle with more milk and sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.