Teriyaki Sauce originated in Japan, but is now loved the world over.
It’s perfect to use in many recipes – as a marinade, stirfry sauce, dipping sauce or even over steamed rice and vegetables. Plus it’s super simple to make, which is always a selling point when you’ve got little kids around. Once you try this recipe you’ll never buy bottled Teriyaki sauce again.
Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 clove of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp cold water2 steps for making this recipe
- In a small saucepan stir together the soy sauce, juice, sugar, garlic, ginger and stock. Heat until simmering.
- Mix together the cornflour and water. Add to the sauce ingredients and stir over a low heat until thickened.