Mmm coffee. It’s the perfect pick-me-up and just holding the warm mug between your hands can soothe a frazzled parent.
Now we just have to make sure the kids don’t get hold of this cappuccino slice!
Cappuccino Slice Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coffee Powder
- 2 Tbsp Hot Water
- 220 grams of Butter, softened
- 220 grams of Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 220 grams of Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
4 steps for making this recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 355 degrees F. Grease and line a shallow slice pan – 28cm x 18cm
- Mix cocoa powder, coffee and hot water together
- Place butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder in a large bowl together with the liquid. Mix for 2 minutes with a mix master, scraping the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Tip the mixture out into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40mins. Cool for 10minutes before removing from the tin and cooling further on a rack.
- 100g White Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 50g Butter
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbsp extra Cocoa Powder, for dusting
3 steps for making the icing
- Melt the white chocolate, butter and milk in a bowl in the microwave until smooth. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Refrigerate for 5 minutes before spreading over the cooled slice.
- Finish with a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Cut into 24 pieces, then sit back, put your feet up and relax