Sweet treats are never far away in our house. If I don’t have a homemade goodie on the kitchen bench, then there’s usually one baking in the oven.
This easy slice recipe uses two of my favourite items: Berries and Coconut. They really are a classic pairing in a cake slice. If you don’t have raspberries on hand, feel free to substitute them with other berries – strawberries or blueberries would taste just as great.
Coconut and Raspberry Slice Recipe
- 150 grams of Butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries
- 395 grams can Sweetened Condensed Milk ( I used the skim version in this recipe)
- 2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- Grated zest of 1 Lemon
6 steps to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C or 320 degrees F. Grease a 27cm x 18cm slice pan and line it with baking paper
- Beat 100 grams of Butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the flour until smooth. Press the mixture over the base of the prepared slice pan and smooth the surface.
- Scatter the raspberries over the top of the base.
- Pour the condensed milk and the remaining butter into a saucepan and heat over a low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, until combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut and lemon zest.
- Spoon the mixture over the base, being careful not to move the raspberries. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, and cool in the pan before slicing.