But shhhhh….. don’t tell them there are carrots in the cupcakes!
Easter Bunny Carrot Cakes Recipe
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Golden Syrup
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Medium Carrots, peeled and grated
4 steps to making the cupcake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C / 320 degrees F. Place muffin papers into a large muffin tin.
- Sift the flours, bicarb soda and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Put the brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, eggs and vanilla in a bowl or jug and mix with a fork until evenly combined. Pour this onto the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the grated carrot. Pour the mixture into the lined muffin pans, then bake in the oven for 20mins, or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Leave in the tin to cool.
Vanilla Icing Recipe
- 3/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tsp Butter, softened
- Mini M&Ms, Strawberries & Cream lollies, Mini Marshmallows – for decorating
5 steps to making the icing recipe
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add butter, milk and vanilla essence. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined.
- Spread the icing over the cupcakes, then start decorating.
- I used 2 Strawberries & Cream lollies for the ears and 2 mini M&Ms for eyes.
- The bunny’s nose is 1 pink mini marshmallow cut in half lengthways.
- The bunny’s cheeks are 1 white mini marshmallow cut in half then flattened slightly. Lastly, a pink or red mini M&M for a tongue. Pretty cute, huh?