Fast and Easy – two of my favourite words when it comes to baking slices. Don’t get me wrong – I love spending time in my kitchen, it’s just that sometimes it’s best to be in and out in a jiffy when there are small children about.
This lemon slice is soft and coconut-y, with the sweet tang of lemons picked straight from my parent’s lemon tree.
Easy Lemon Slice Recipe
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Dessicated Coconut
- 100 grams Butter
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Grated zest of 2 lemons5 steps to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 355 degrees F. Grease and line a 27cm x 18cm slice tin.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the coconut.
- Melt the Butter in a bowl in the microwave, then stir in the sugar. Add this to the flour mixture, along with the beaten eggs, milk and lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, the bake for approx 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven when ready, and ice while still warm.
Basic Lemon Glace Icing Recipe
- 1 cup Icing Sugar Mixture
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice1 step to make this Icing Recipe
- Sift the Icing sugar into a bowl, then stir in the lemon juice until the desired consistency.