We recently had a family day out and went fruit picking at a local farm. After I directed us the wrong way (oops!) we finally made it to the fruit farm. Mandarins, lemons and limes were ready to be picked. We collected our buckets, had a sneaky taste test whilst picking them, then filled them with lovely juicy mandarins, lemons and limes.
This lime slice is dense and tangy – just delicious. It’s also pretty easy to make, as there’s no need for electric mixers at all. Simply stir it all together.
Glazed Lime Slice Recipe
- 1 cup Plain Flou
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150g Butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lime zest ( roughly the zest from 2 limes)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit or 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a slice pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the softened butter until this coats the flour mixture (do not beat the butter in with an electric beater – simply stir it in)
- Whisk the eggs, zest and lime juice together. Stir this into the butter mixture until smooth and blended.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared slice pan, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before pouring over the lime glaze.
Lime Glaze Recipe:
- 100g Icing Sugar Mixture, sifted
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Combine the icing sugar and lime juice until smooth. Pour over the still warm lime slice.
- Cool in the pan before slicing.