If the leaves are starting to change to the beautiful reds and russet colours where you are then this is the perfect slice recipe for you!
Pears are at their peak in the fall (autumn). I think they are often overlooked for their friend, the apple. In fact, they are a great substitute for apples in crumbles, cakes and desserts. This slice is sweet, moist and very moreish. Yum
Honey, Pear and Almond Slice Recipe
- 150 grams Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cups Plain Flour
- 2 ripe Pears, peeled and diced
- 1 ripe Pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp Honey, extra
Method (5 steps)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a slice pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter with the caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the honey before folding through the almond meal, baking powder and flour.
- Stir through the diced pear. before pouring the mixture into the slice pan. Smooth the surface, and place the sliced pear on top, pressing down lightly. Drizzle the extra honey over the top of the mixture before baking in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, or golden and firm to touch.
- Cool in the pan before slicing this Hear, Pear and Almond slice.