Lemons, lemons, lemons! They are so versatile – great in drinks, cakes, slices, biscuits, an even as an immune booster or a cleaner!
I had some spare lemons in my fridge from my parent’s backyard, so decided to use them up in a delicious lemon yoghurt cake recipe. The lemon zest provides plenty of flavour whilst the yoghurt ensures the cake stays fresher for longer.
Lemon Yoghurt Cake Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Grated rind of 2 Lemons
- 1 cup Natural Yoghurt
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
4 easy steps to make this cake recipe
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a bundt pan, or deep ring tin.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, sugar, salt, oil, lemon juice and rind. Mix together. Add the flour and yoghurt and combine well.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for approx 35-40 mins, or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before icing.
Easy Lemon Icing Recipe
In a small bowl combine 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar and 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice. Mix until smooth, then ice your cake and enjoy.