Mmm marshmallows. They’re soft, fluffy clouds that are fat free, right? Well…. they might have no fat in them but they still have lots of sugar – obviously that’s why kids love them.
I managed to hide a packet of these bad boys away in the pantry, ready for a special slice. This slice is pretty easy – it can be made in no time and tastes delicious.
Marshmallow Slice Recipe
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 120 grams Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam
- 200 grams Pink and White Marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit or 170 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and line a slice pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, coconut, sugar and melted butter. Press the mixture into the prepared baking tin, and bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the slice from the oven, and cool slightly. Then spread the base with the raspberry jam. Cover the jam with marshmallows evenly and place back into the oven for a further 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool the slice completely in the pan.
I prefer to place this in the fridge for a few hours before cutting, as the marshmallow has a tendency to stick to your knife.