Slices… Do you know what I like about them? The pieces generally aren’t as big as a slice of cake, yet they still provide a sweet hit to my sweet tooth.
This slice recipe has the added goodness of oats and coconut, which makes it totally healthy, right?! That’s what I tell myself when I reach for one piece, then another….
Raspberry, Oat and Coconut Bars Recipe
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 180 grams Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries, crushed slightly
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Jam
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut, extra
6 steps to make this recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line a 27cm x 18xm slice pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar and softened butter. Beat with a wooden spoon for 1 minute, then incorporate the flours, coconut and rolled oats until a dough has formed.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the dough. Press the remaining dough into the slice pan. Spread the raspberry jam on top of the slice before scattering the crushed raspberries over.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the top, then sprinkle over the extra coconut.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan. Lift out the slice and cut into pieces.