Strawberries are steadily coming down in price, which is great because I love berries. My first steps were made toward my mother, who was holding out a strawberry to entice me. It worked!
Muffins are a great way to whip up a sweet treat. There’s no need to cream your butter and sugar – simply combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. But be careful not to overmix the batter – you don’t want a tough muffin!
While the strawberries are a healthy choice, the addition of white chocolate makes these muffins a little bit naughty – but oh so sweet and delicious. The lemon zest also lifts and lightens the flavours.
Strawberry, White Chocolate & Lemon Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 120 grams of White Chocolate, chopped into large and small pieces
- 1/2 punnet fresh Strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- Grated peel of 1 Lemon
- 80 grams of Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
4 steps to make the recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases. I found this recipe made around 15 large muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, chocolate, strawberries and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk the butter, eggs and milk together. Pour into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases. Place in the oven and bake for around 18-20 mins.