I’ve been very, very slack lately with putting recipes up here. I could blame lots of different things – working extra days, looking after my 2 boys, being pregnant with bub #3 and the associated tiredness ……. But I won’t. I’ve just been lazy.
It doesn’t mean that I haven’t been cooking though. I’ve got a few things backlogged, so expect a few more recipes in the coming days. Even though cherries are no longer available here in Australia this is still a great recipe to bookmark, for when they come back later in the year. It’s perfect for Christmas entertaining and won’t disappoint.
White Chocolate and Cherry Blondies Recipe
- 100 gram Butter
- 150 gram White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 3/4 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cherries, pitted
- 75 gram White Chocolate, chopped, extra
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 18cm x 28cm slice pan with baking paper
- Place the butter and white chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave until melted. Cool slightly, then stir in the sugar, vanilla and eggs. Fold in the flours.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Press the cherries into the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove and cool in the pan.
- Combine the extra white chocolate and vegetable oil in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until melted. Drizzle over the cooled blondies and wait until set before cutting into pieces to enjoy