Christmas is coming… The decorations and Christmas trees have been in the shopping centres for months now.
My two sons are getting increasingly more excited. Yesterday we put the Christmas Tree up – exciting times for a 4 year old and a 2 year old. 🙂 They also opened the first drawer on our Advent Calendar.
For me, Christmas is also a time for catching up with family and friends – and to make lots of sweet treats to share with them. What’s not to love about the combination of coconut and white chocolate? This truffles recipe is very easy to make – you’ll be sure to impress with them. Don’t leave out the lemon rind – it really ties the flavours in nicely.
White Chocolate & Coconut Snowball Truffles Recipe
- 125ml Coconut Cream
- 375 grams White Chocolate – chopped
- 1/2 tsp finely grated Lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups Desiccated Coconut
Method (4 steps)
- Combine the white chocolate, coconut cream and lemon rind in a ceramic bowl. Microwave it on medium heat ( I used level 5 in my microwave) for 1 minute. Stir, then repeat until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Cover, then cool and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until hardened.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls, then roll in the desiccated coconut. Place in truffle cases, or on a plate and refrigerate before serving.
- These can be frozen ahead of time. Just remove from the freezer and place in the fridge the night before you want to serve these deliciously chocolate truffles.